Model A Touring Engine
Best for longer distance driving and highway speeds. Thie engine provides a smoother ride and slightly higher horsepower.
Starts with our Basic Build, then adds the following:
- Counterbalanced Crankshaft
- V8 Clutch and Lightened Flywheel
- Touring Grind Camshaft
- New 6:1 High Compression Head (*Must use 6:1 high compression head for proper valve clearance.)
- Larger Intake Valves (1.730 Head Dia.)
Short Block Touring
- $4,217.00 with no cylinder head
- $4,616.00 with 6:1 high compression head
- $229.38 Installation kit (Recommended)
Long Block Touring
- $5,967.00 with 6:1 high compression head
- New Burlington Crankshaft w/Rebuild *Currently out of stock
- New 330 Lift Camshaft w/Rebuild *Currently out of stock.
Now that you have a faster, smoother more durable engine, call Gary's Model A. They make a smooth synchronized 4-speed transmission for the Model A that installs with few modifications. 4th gear is overdrive, this gives you a higher top end and lowers engine speed for normal cruising. This will conserve fuel, lower your RPMs, preserve your engine life, all while having a quieter engine at a normal cruising speed.
Gary's Model A (817) 624-4342
Shipping and crating NOT included in the above prices.